The eyes are the window to the soul – and so much more than that! Sparkling eyes can help you to look younger but on the flip side your eyes can also reveal telltale signs that you are getting older. There are a few things which you can do to help reverse those signs and make you look up to ten years younger.
1. Eat your way younger – with a diet rich in iron. Bags and dark circles under the eyes are a sign of iron deficiency so if you eat lots of foods which are rich in iron like spinach, dark chocolate and kidney beans you can help to reduce the appearance of bags and dark circles. That’s a great start don’t you think?
2. Invest in some eye primer – which fills in the creases on the eyelids so your eye shadow doesn’t settle into the wrinkles and creases. If you want your eye shadow to go on smoothly and stay smooth all day long then invest in some eye primer.
3. Let your eyebrows grow a little bushier than you maybe did in your twenties and thirties – over plucked eye brows in the over forties makes you look like you are losing the hair from your eyebrows which is one of the classic signs of aging. Don’t over-tweeze them to stay looking young.
4. Moisturize – this may be an obvious one for the entire face but it is also important to moisturize around the eyes (making sure that you don’t get any actually in your eyes). If your eyes are a little puffy invest in some eye gel serum or eye balm, using retinol cream over night will reduce the appearance of crow’s feet. Choose products which contain vitamin E and SPF protection of the best results.
5. Cut out the salt – this causes water retention which can cause puffiness around the eyes. You should consume no more than a teaspoon of salt each day for many reasons, including keeping your eyes looking young, bright and healthy.
6. Ditch the cucumber eye pads and reach for the sweet potatoes – it’s true. These fabulous veggies are dense with anti-inflammatory properties which help to decrease puffiness. Cut a sweet potato into 1 inch slices and pop over your eyes for 10 minutes every morning – you’ll be amazed at how it can help to reduce puffiness and dark circles.
7. Eat lots of Brussels sprouts and olive oil – this super-powered pair is an anti aging master. The sprouts are bursting with lutein which lowers the risk of developing cataracts and the olive oil helps your body to absorb the nutrient more efficiently.
8. Green tea is another master when it comes to anti aging – pop some cold green teabags over your eyes to reduce puffiness, you should also drink the tea which can help to constrict blood vessels and cause a reduction in swelling. It’s a great all rounder.
9. Switch up your eye liner – if you are in the habit of wearing the same dark eye liner below on both the top lash line and the bottom lash line then stop it. This will draw attention to any crow’s feet you have and make dark under-eye circles look even darker. Use a dark color on the top lash lines but opt for something lighter on the bottom line. You should also use a highlighting shadow to help achieve the look.
For more great beauty tips and equipment take a look at The Salon Outlet.
You’ll find lots of great hair and beauty products plus lots of advice at The Salon Outlet.
Thanks for stopping by. Stay beautiful...