Sunday, September 14, 2014

#31DC2014 Day 14 : Watercolor Floral

Hey everyone, today I did watercolor floral for today's theme. 
This theme is my most favorite so, I thought to do something different. I did flowers and leaves with diluted acrylic colors to give a watercolor look.


For this manicure, I used Sally Hansen White On as a base.


To create the flowers and leaves I diluted the acrylic paints with water. 
Using a thick brush I layered the petal shapes. 
After waiting for a few seconds, I soaked up the still wet acrylic color from the petals using a dry nail art brush.


I did this step till I was satisfied with the petal boundaries. 
Then, I repeated the same steps with another color.


I used the same technique to do the leaves. 
For the flowers I used Orange, red and yellow acrylic paints and for the leaves, I did a combination of dark and light green.


To seal off the manicure, I used Oriflame top coat.




Thanks for stopping by. Stay beautiful...

7 comments:

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.