Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Stained Glass Nails with Shimmer Julie

Hey Everyone, today I am sharing a special manicure. This look is special as it is something close to my heart.

I always admired the stained glass windows at my late grandmother's house. My manicure reminds me of those beautiful windows. Though this look is not exactly the same.



I can say that this is one of my favorite manicures. I wanted to use the beautiful Shimmer Julie again so, I decided to use it for this look.This look is very easy to do and it looks beautiful on nails. 


I used my Daler Rowney black acrylic paint to draw the stained glass pattern with a nail art detailing brush. Black polish will also give the same effect.


I started with Shimmer Julie as a base on all of my nails. After the base dried completely, I made a random pattern on my nails...triangles, squares, rhombus, rectangles...

To finish the manicure I used two thick layers of Seche Vite top coat.


 Hope you like the manicure. Thanks for reading...

22 comments:

  1. wow this is so pretty and chic !

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow dis luks so pretty.. frm where did u buy d shimmer julie.. :P am gonna raid ur np stash :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riya :) I purchased it from Dimpal of Crazy Polishes. I locked my stash :P

      Delete
  3. I love this very much..!! i need shimmer julie now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raji :) Shimmer polishes are so beautiful... you should definitely get them.

      Delete
  4. Amazing!! you always come up with really great manis.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niesha :) I am so glad you liked it...

      Delete
  5. Wow love the nail art.it looks ultra chic ^_^

    www.prettpeachyandpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.