Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Celebrating Rakhi with Colorful Nails

Happy Raksha Badhan to all my Indian Friends…

I am at my mom’s house to celebrate Rakhi. Today I am sharing my colorful manicure I did for Rakhi.


[Rakhi is celebrated in India.  This festival celebrates the relationship of love, trust and care between brothers an sisters. The festival is marked by the tying of a rakhi, or holy thread, which comes in many colors and designs, by the sister on the wrist of her brother. The brother in return offers a gift to his sister.]


For the manicure, I used Pure Ice Super Star as a base on all my nails. On my middle and ring finger I sponged different shades to get a colorful background. 

The shades I used are:
Yellow: China Glaze Happy Go Lucky
Pink: Colorbar Bubbly
Blue: Colorbar Blue Web
Light Blue: Deborah Milano I am your mermaid
Purple: China Glaze Flying Dragon

Then I stamped a few images from my Bundle Monster image plates BM 210, BM213 and BM319 for colorful Rakhies. Then with a dotting tool I created small strings for Rakhies.


On my pointer finger, I stamped a gift image from Bundle Monster Image Plate BM205 using MoYou Black Polish and a flower image from Konad Image plate M20 using China Glaze flying Dragon. Then I dotted Colorbar Blue Web and China Glaze Flying Dragon using a dotting tool.


On the pinky, I used Bundle monster Image Plate BM210 to create another rakhi image and created some golden strings using Barry M Gold Foil.

Hope you like the manicure. Thanks for reading…

14 comments:

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.