Monday, June 24, 2013

Revlon Nail Art Moon Candy Nail Enamel

Hey Everyone, today I am sharing my picks from the new moon candy collection launched by Revlon recently. I picked Cosmic, Galactic and Milky Way. Each has two parts: one creme and the other a flakie. The flakies are beautifully paired with the cremes. 


These are gorgeous beauties.



Formula:
The formula of creme goes on smooth without any patches or unevenness.
The flakies are iridescent glitter chunks which require a thick top coat to smooth them down.



Cosmic is a rich olive creme and flakie is an iridescent glitter in a sheer yellow base. I used two coats of creme to gain opacity.


Galactic is a rich navy creme and the flakie is an iridescent glitter in a sheer blue base. I used two coats of creme to gain opacity. 



Milky way is a rich grey creme. It is one coater. The flakie is an iridescent glitter in a clear base.


Wear Time:
The creme chipped the next day.

Pros:
  • The creme formula is hassle free.
  • The creme-flakie combo goes well with each other.
  • Budget friendly.
Cons:
  • The flakies need to be applied two to three times to get a good amount on nails.
  • The flakies are angular and sharp so a thick top coat is required to smooth them down.
  • The tinted base of flakies is not prominent on nails.
  • Less staying power.
  • Turn nails yellow if a good base coat is not used.

Retail Price: Rs 300 each

Thanks for reading...


24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yeah they are beautiful :) The packaging makes them more attractive..

      Delete
  2. I've been sooo tempted to pick one or two of these up lately. I'm especially loving Galactic and Milky Way. The tinted base not showing up on the nail doesn't really bother me because the flakies look so cool, but it would have added another fun dimension. Awesome review, Pearl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get these...they will look gorgeous on your nails! Galactic is my fav among these :) Thanks Liesl.

      Delete
  3. They are damn pretty!!
    I loved the Galactic one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous! Galactic is my fav :)

      Delete
  4. galactic is calling me..i am so getting tht one :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so awesome...I am loving the jelly like consistency... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the pairing look cool on the nails :)

      Delete
  6. I really like the flakie glitter parts to these duos! Great swatches on them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got these for the flakies only :D but the cremes are beautiful as well. Thanks Lisa :)

      Delete
  7. These pretty....oh god I want them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they are! You should get them...Love your swatches Puja :)

      Delete
  8. Wow they are so pretty. U have beautiful fingers pearl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow......these are some awesome shades.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they are Divya. You should definitely try these :)

      Delete
  10. I wanted to buy them but now will skip ... Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can go for Galactic...that is just gorgeous! You're welcome..

      Delete
  11. very pretty i really wanna buy the galactic

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.