Sunday, June 30, 2013

My First Franken Polish: Greenie Apple

Hey everyone, today I am very excited to share my first franken polish. I always thought that making franken is really not my kind of work. I just enjoy painting my nails and doing nail art. I thought to give it a try last weekend.




My franken is a mix of of neon green, black and gold glitter suspended in a clear base. I thought a lot of names for it and finalized on "Greenie Apple". This is how it looks when swatched on a white base:



For all of you who don't know what a franken is, here is a bit about frankening:

A franken is a customized mixture of nail polish which can include glitter, pigments, eye shadow or clear polish. Frankening is done to create a unique polish that isn't available or to replicate another polish.  

How I made it?
I started making my franken with a clear suspension base (from misfits on 8th ). Then I added black square glitter (from misfits on 8th ), neon green glitter (from Borough Babe Supply) and glitter mix (from JessiGeeWhiz ) in equal quantities (1/8th of a teaspoon). I also added a steel ball to mix the glitter properly in the bottle. I kept the bottle for a week to check out how the mixture turns out.

Products used:



Here's a closeup shot:



Creating franken polish is super fun as you don't know how the final result will look :P

Hope you like the post. Thanks for reading...


ps: In the post, I have linked the etsy shops with the products I have used. They have numerous glitter options available on their shops. Hope you check them out.


20 comments:

  1. Thats stunning! Loved the combination of colors!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tshering. I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. such a pretty mixture of glitters and pigments..loved the effect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ritika :) I was not sure at first, but it turned out well :D

      Delete
  3. wow..loved the effect...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a great fraken color for your first try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa :) I will try with more colors for the second one :D

      Delete
  5. Wow the result came too good pearl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. waw so pretty <3 can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gin :) I will post a new one soon...

      Delete
  7. Wow! Loved the color combo.. It's unique.. I'm a new blogger... Do visit my blog.. http://kitchenserenity.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nilu :) I'm glad you liked it. Sure I will...

      Delete
  8. Its lovely...... and "greenie apple"!!! I feel so proud hehehehehhe........... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he Thanks Divya :) You helped naming it..you should feel Proud :D

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.