Thursday, June 20, 2013

Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Noir

I am not a person who experiments a lot when it comes to mascaras. I keep on rolling between Covergirl Lash blast and L'oreal Voluminous Original. The biggest problem with my eyes is that my lashes are poker straight, so no matter how long I curl my lashes or what mascara I use, I end up with straight lashes at the end of the day. :( 



I’m always a bit skeptical when it comes to higher end mascaras but when I got this as a sample product; I loved it so much that I had to get this in full size.



According to the website:
  • The high-precision mascara achieves instant volume and intensely lush color in a single stroke. Its innovative formula expands, plumping lashes to their fullest. The exclusive new Snowflakes brush combines long and short bristles to deliver an extreme, eye-opening effect.



This mascara is formulated with a combination of natural waxes to increase volume. This gives incredible results to my lashes. My lashes look thick and defined. On curling part it performs better as compared to my other two favorites. The brush it comes with a brush with short bristles. It is Channel's patented "Snowflakes" brush.



Brush Comparison:
Volume de Channel Vs Georgio Armani Eyes to Kill Vs Covergirl lash blast volume Vs L'oreal Voluminous Original Vs Maybelline the falsies volume express Vs Great Lash Vs Rimmel Glam eyes Vs elf Mineral Infused 







I love that this one is easy to remove as it is not waterproof. It breaks down without scrubbing my eyes till they are red.

From invisible lashes....




to VISIBLE lashes...

(after two coats)





Packaging:
Chanel packaging is always very simple and classic looking. This comes in a classy black tube with Chanel writing on the tube and logo in white on the top.

Fragrance:
Odorless.

Pros:
  • Classy packaging.
  • Brush is pretty good.
  • Odorless.
  • Curls and lengthens with two coats.
  • Longer staying power.
  • No flaking.
  • Easy to remove.
Cons:
  • Lack in Volumizing department.
  • Costly.
  • Have to be careful coz of it’s consistency (avoid blinking!!).
  • It clumps after two coats.
  • Not waterproof.

Retail Price: $30/ Rs 1896 (for 6g / 0.21 oz )


I might repurchase but it's too pricey to consider it a staple. I prefer Covergirl lash blast as compared to this. It gives me some volume as well.

Thanks for reading...


12 comments:

  1. OMG you have lovely Eye lashes Pearl Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Radha :) Though I don't like them, I always wish to have voluminous lashes :D

      Delete
  2. Omg so many mascaras....I am drooling over your collection..btw nice review...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks Puja. Some are old, I just kept them for comparison :)

      Delete
  3. Great review Pearl. Most of the mascaras clump after 2 coats but still it gave good effect.
    Loved your collection!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) yeah, but didn't expect such an expensive one one to get clumpy :(

      Delete
  4. I truly loved the effect this mascara gave me but din't have the heart to spend so much on a mascara that I would throw away in less than 6 months !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Love it, but I will probably not buy it for regular use..may be for a family function or a very special occasion though!

      Delete
  5. Great review! I love how you compared the brush to other mascaras too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa :) I'm glad you liked it...just wanted to do a fair comparison.

      Delete
  6. the effect is amazing but yeah its expensive :( i have to try the covergirl one! where do you buy covergirl mascara? are you based in india or US?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's expensive... I got CG from US. I was in US for some years. Now I am in India :)

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.