Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Teal Support - World Ovarian Cancer Day

Today is the First World Ovarian Cancer Day, so my today's manicure is dedicated to Ovarian Cancer Awareness.


From the Website:

May 8th, 2013, is the first World Ovarian Cancer Day. On this day, ovarian cancer organizations from around the world will unite to educate their communities about ovarian cancer and its symptoms. For women living with the disease, and their families and friends, World Ovarian Cancer Day will build a sense of solidarity in the fight against the disease.


Ovarian cancer has the lowest survival rate of all female cancers.
Ovarian cancer is diagnosed annually in nearly a quarter of a million women globally, and is responsible for 140,000 deaths each year.  


Now to the manicure I created for the cause...

I created the teal roses and leaves with acrylic paints. On the pointer finger, I used OPI Ski teal we drop and lined it with a striping brush using Pure Ice Super Star.



On ring finger I created a gradient using Pure Ice super Star and Jesse's Girl Glee and the dotted the teal ribbon using OPI Ski teal we drop.

So What are you waiting for? Wear Teal and spread awareness...

Thanks for reading...


8 comments:

  1. What a nice manicure for a great cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it !!! those roses are gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shalini :) I'm glad you liked it...

      Delete
  3. Great theme...Nice Nail art Pearl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww ur roses are super cute. Can u do a tutorial plx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already done a tutorial for roses. You can check it out here: http://preciouspearlmakeup.blogspot.in/2013/03/rose-nail-art-tutorial.html#more

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.