Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wet n Wild Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed Doors is a thin, grey jelly base with small red glitter & large red hex glitter in it. This polish was released with Wet N Wild’s Limited edition On the Prowl Collection in 2011.




It is a gorgeous polish. This polish is a cheap dupe to the Deborah Lippmann's Ruby Red Slippers [$18].
Being a jelly base this polish takes time to build up. It took nearly 4 layers of the polish to show on my nails.

How I wear it:
  • Layer it: I layer it over Milani Black Magic (black crème polish).
  • On its own: Let the coats dry between each application. This way the fresh coat will not drag the glitters from the last coat.
  • Put 2-3 quick coats for more of hex glitters. Then let it dry.

Formula:
It has a thin jelly formula. It gives opacity after 4 coats. It takes a bit of time for drying completely.

Wear Time:
It wore for a day without any chipping or tip wear. On the second day I had a little tip wear.



Pros:
  • Gorgeous polish.
  • Budget Friendly.
Cons:
  • Limited edition [NYX Girls Dorothy is a close dupe].
  • Takes a bit of time to work with the glitters.
  • Drying time is more.
  • Less staying power.
Retail Price: $2.99 (for 15ml)

I used white acrylic paint to draw some flowers on the nails.



Thanks for reading...


8 comments:

  1. the polish looks so rich and luscious...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raji :) I love it... its gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! It reminds me of Spoiled's Ants in Your Pants, and Fergie's Make Them Boys Go Loco...I have the Fergie and it's awesome! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it is same as Spoiled one..even NYX girls Dorothy is a close dupe. I have not seen Fergie one. I am in love with this polish :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful....love the polish and flowers...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Puja :) I'm glad you liked it..

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.