Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Rockstar Pink

I am a fan of glitter nail paints which have purple in them. The day I saw the sparkly Rockstar Pink, I knew I have to have my hands on it. 


Sally Hansen Hard as nails Xtreme Wear Rockstar Pink is an dense glitter polish which has multi colored glitter ( pink, purple, blue, red and silver).



Formula
It has a dense formula which goes opaque in two coats.


How I wear it

I apply a thick Elmer's glue/ Fevicol layer on my nails and let it dry for 15 minutes so that it becomes transparent. Then I apply the paint. To remove the paint I just peal it off from my nails. This pealing won't ruin the nails.


Pros
  • Nice coverage.
  • Long wear time.
  • Dries quickly.
  • Budget Friendly.
Cons
  • Being a thick glitter it is annoying to remove.
      
Retail Price
 $2.50 (for 11.8 ml)


Here are the swatch comparisons in three different lighting conditions.



With such a bright glitter I wanted to pair a creme polish. I paired it with Colorbar Lemon drop (Sheer yellow creme). As Lemon drop is pretty sheer I have to layer it 3-4 times for the design.


The nail art design is inspired by Amy from The Polish Perfectionist. I loved her beetle inspired nails. So I tried the nails in my own way...


I used a nail art tape for the design and peeled it off while the yellow creme was wet.


Thanks for stopping by. Stay beautiful...


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yeah it is beautiful Tejinder. Even more beautiful in person :)

      Delete
  2. OMg this is soooo gorgeous shade :) NOTD Muahhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the dense glitter in this! Thanks for the lovely comment :)

      Delete
  3. oh wowwww I love this shade!! its so intensely sparkly!! love the colours and so susthu too!

    Cherry Lane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah me too. I love the dense glitter in this! :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely! I'm a sucker for glitter polish. Can you apply Rockstar Pink without the glue as well?
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.