Sunday, March 17, 2013

Runway Nails and Tutorial

Today's manicure is based on a runway inspiration. I am hardly a person who get inspired by runway shows/fabrics/patterns. But the last spring Dior show got me to do something different on my nails today. 



There was this pretty off-shoulder dress which inspired me for today's look. You can check out the dress here.

I used Milani Black Magic, Jessica custom color Samba Parade(Pink creme) and Sally Hansen Celeb city to create this manicure.


Here's a small tutorial to achieve this look on your nails:


You will need:
  • Four different nail colors:White, Black, silver and baby pink (I used Pure Ice superstar, Milani Black Magic, Jessica Samba Parade and Sally Hansen Celeb City).
  • A nail art striping brush.
  • Top Coat (I used NOPI Top coat)



1. Start by painting a white creme nail color. Add a Pink stripe to the  nail at the right end with the help of a striping brush. 
2. Add Silver nail paint to the space left on the right side of the pink color. Make an outline to place the black color.
3. Fill in the outline. Top coat it. 
[Clean the brush after using every color.]
  
Your Runway Nails are ready!

Thanks for reading...



6 comments:

  1. I love the design it looks quite striking. Thanks for sharing how you achieved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for liking it :) you're welcome...

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing, so pretty! I love each of the colors you used, Thanks for the tutorial, too, it looks relatively simple with great results :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it Liesl :) yeah it is pretty easy... I had fun making it.

      Delete
  3. This is sooo pretty!!!! Great combo of colours and color blocking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marta :) I'm glad you liked it..

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.