Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Whipped creme makeup

Revlon Colorstay whipped creme makeup is the newest member in the Revlon's Foundation family.


According to Website:
The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy.
-Buildable to full coverage for flawless skin
-Soft, matte finish all day long
-Withstands heat and humidity – great for summer
-Comes in 16 beautiful shades


16 Shades Available:

-Ivory, Buff, Sand Beige, Nude, Natural Beige, Medium Beige, Warm Golden, True Beige, Natural Tan, Early Tan, Rich Ginger and Caramel.

I read a lot of good reviews before trying this. I was already using Revlon Original Colorstay foundation (for Oily skin) and thought that it was the best formula Revlon can come up with. But Revlon really surprised me with this. This is one step close to achieve the glowing flawless skin. 




I have Natural Tan shade. This does not look greasy/oily on my face which is the biggest positive point for me. The coverage is medium but it is buildable. It blends completely into the skin after a few minutes of applying and gives a satin finish. This easily cover up minor imperfections on the skin. Revlon has pretty much nailed the perfect foundation formula.


Formula:

The formula is fluffy and creamy. It glides smooth on skin and do not leave any streaks. It blends evenly. The coverage is buildable and do not look cakey. 




Fragrance:
This has a bit of plasticy fragrance but it do not lingers for long.

Wear Time:

It lasts about seven hours on my oily skin without touchups. 

How I wear it:

I use a clean spatula to take out the foundation. Then I spray a little water on my Sigma F84 angled top kabuki brush and then blend from center of my face. Finally, I set it with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark.

Packaging:

It comes in a heavy glass tub with black screw up lid. Inside the jar the tub has a thin lid to prevent the foundation from out. The tub is a bit heavy and it is really unhygienic to dip fingers/brush into the jar. I would be more comfortable if this comes with a pump container



Here are the swatches:




Blended:




Pros:

-A little product goes a long way.
-Long staying power.
-Natural/flawless finish.
-Light and easily blendable.
-Controls oil well.
-Easy to take off.
-Doesn't irritate the skin.

Cons:

-Pricey as compared to other drugstore foundations.
-Packaging is bulky.

Retail Price: $13.99/Rs 800 (for 0.8 fl oz/ 23.7 ml)

Will I repurchase: For sure.



4 comments:

  1. wow u r ryt the finishing looks so smooth n flawless loved it dear ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..nice review dear...its really good product..

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.