Sunday, March 24, 2013

Polish Spun Nails

This is first manicure in the series of three colorful manicures I am doing for this Holi. Holi is a religious spring festival celebrated by Hindus as a festival of colors.

As no sugar is involved I named my manicure "Polish spun Manicure" [No pun intended!].

I used Pure Ice superstar as a base for the manicure. For the threads I used Colorbar Pina Colada, Plum grenadine, Sunset, Pink lady and Sally Hansen Going green.


How To create it:

To create this look use a base color of your choice and let it dry completely.  Then put a drop or two on piece of paper or plastic sheet. Continuously stir the drop with a toothpick or a dotting tool until it becomes tacky/thick. Speed up the process by blowing on the polish drop as you stir. As soon as you see little strings in the polish drop, start pulling and wrapping the strings around your nails. Continue the process on your nail until your desired coverage is achieved.


Things to keep in mind:
  • Keep your nail at an angle near the polish drop.
  • Do one nail at a time.
  • Make sure you do not touch your nail with the toothpick.
  • Let the polish dry completely and then do the cleanup.
Here's a macro shot of one of the nails:


Thanks for reading...


4 comments:

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.