Thursday, January 3, 2013

China Glaze Nail Lacquer Black Diamond

Today, I am sharing a pretty shade from China Glaze.
Black Diamond was released with the winter ski collection a few years ago.The name is a bit misleading coz its grey not black. 

It is smoky gunmetal grey with green and silver shimmer.

      (Artificial Light)

The shimmer is only visible in sunlight or artificial light; otherwise it’s just a grey nail polish. It is a good polish for layering.


I love how it looks good when it is layered over black crème polish.

        (Natural Light)

Formula
This has a shimmery formula which gives opacity in three coats. It is streaky in the first two coats. The second coat dragged the polish which I applied in the first coat. It dries quickly.



Tip
Apply thick coats while using it individually and apply a good top coat (this will hide the streaks, if any).

Wear Time
There was a little tip wear after 2 days. It stayed for 3 days on my nails without chipping.

Pros
- Pretty shade.

- The applicator brush is easy to use.
- A good polish for layering.
- Dries quickly
-Big 3 Free.


Cons
- Tricky Formula

Retail Price: $4.5 (for 13ml)

I used this polish for my New Year Manicure.

Do you have any favourite Grey Polishes?

4 comments:

  1. I love this color. I've never been a fan of black, but I feel like dark greys give the same drama and look so sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Catherine you are right. Dark greys are so different, they look more elegant when compared to black.

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.