Thursday, November 29, 2012

Smashbox Photofinish Primer


According to website:
"Create the perfect canvas for foundation application with our best-selling PHOTO FINISH FOUNDATION PRIMER. with grapeseed extract to soothe and protect skin, this oil-free, colorless formula fills in fine lines and pores to help skin appear visibly softer with a smooth velvet finish. use after moisturizer and before foundation for complexion perfection

What else you need to know:
Use after moisturizer and before foundation for complexion perfection. This skin-soothing blend of antioxidants, which can be worn alone or under foundation, works overtime to fill in fine lines and even out skin texture.

This primer is winner of Best of Sephora Award for being the best primer, one of Marie Claire’s “25 Products that will change your life” and an Instyle best beauty buy.


I never used primer until I received a free sample of Photo Finish Primer last year from Sephora.
This product does what a good primer should do. It keeps my makeup in place throughout the day at work and keeps looking it fresh. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy and it doesn't have a strong scent.

This helps me even out my skin and let my foundation cover my acne areas better without breaking me out. Less amount of foundation is used after applying this.

Formula:

It goes smooth on the face because of the silica. It gives an instant mattified skin.


How I use it?

I smooth it over clean, moisturized skin. Only a pea-sized drop is needed for the entire face, so with everyday use an entire tube should last for at least six months.

Pros:

- Contains Vitamin A & C, grape seed extract and green tea.
- Oil free & colorless.
- Doesn't feel heavy or greasy.
- Keep my makeup fresh throughout the day.
- Comes in a tube so it is easy to squeeze out the exact required amount.
- A small amount goes a long way.
- Keep my face oil free for long hours.


Cons:

- Costly.
- May not suit people with sensitive skin as it has silica in it.
- It doesn't fill in lines or pores like it claims.

Retail Price: $36 (for 1 oz)

Will I repurchase: For sure


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.