Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac and Mellow Yellow

I picked up two new shades for my stash recently. I love both the shades. These are perfect for spring/summer.




MELLOW YELLOW
Mellow Yellow is bright yellow crème. This color is actually looking very nice on my skin tone as and it is fantastic to make my tan pop. It is perfect for summer. 

Formula:
It is very streaky.
It is impossible to get an even coat.



How I use it?
I use Mellow Yellow for layering or water marbling as I'm not much of a yellow person.

Pros:
Lovely Color
Low Price

Cons:
Mellow Yellow need too many coats to be opaque.
It goes on streaky and uneven.

LACEY LILAC

This is an absolutely beautiful pretty pale lilac crème. This color is so pretty, fresh and understated.

Formula:
This has an amazing formula. It isn't streaky. It covers in two coats, dries quickly, and has a beautiful shine to it.


Brush:
The brush of these polishes is different. They're a bit wider than the standard skinny brush that I've been used to. Being wider, the brush loads a lot of polish on them, so one need to be careful while applying the polish.

Wear:
It started wearing off after 2-3 days of normal wear (with base and top coat).
This polish didn't chip, it peeled. It just peeled off like a sticker.

Retail Price: $1.5 (Got both of them on sale from Wallgreens)

Will I repurchase?: Lacey lilac for sure

 What nail polishes are you loving this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.