Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tarina Tarantino Pearl Glow Primer

Hey everyone, today I am reviewing a primer from Tarina Tarantino. It's a face primer and illuminator in one. 


It's not a terrible primer, but does not have a mattifying effect as I desire in a primer or base. It has a pretty shimmer. But the problem with this is that it shows through some foundations more than others.

For example, it does not show through at all with my MUFE Velvet Plus, but it shows through too much when I pair it with Color Stay. This is kind of annoying. I was disappointed that once I applied my foundation the glossiness disappeared, and when I pump it out of the bottle (after a few days), chunks of dried product came out.


This one does have a "glow" to it which might look nice even without makeup. So it is good for girls with even skin tone.

According to Sephora website

                         What it is                            
A two-in-one primer that adds a luminous glow and primer in one step.

What it is does
"The pearls I use in my jewelry collections are perfect spheres of glass that are dipped in a luminous lacquer hundreds of times to give off a mesmerizing aurora of light. My Pearl Glow Primer is like capturing this beautiful light in a bottle, and it's the perfect neutral shade of 'glow.' The best part is that it gently moisturizes the skin, creating a perfectly prepped surface for makeup application." XOXO, Tarina Tarantino, jewelry designer and makeup artist

What it is formulated WITHOUT
- Parabens

What else you need to know
For all skin types.

How to wear it?

Mix with foundation to diffuse the thickness of regular foundation for a lit-from-within glow.

Dab on the cheek bones & the highlighting areas of face.

Apply after foundation on cheek bones (I know it is a primer! And primers are used before foundation. But it works this way for me.)



Fragrance
It gives an Oily smell which is not pleasant.

Packaging
It comes in a heavy frosted glass cylindrical bottle with a silver printed bow. The lid is baby pink and silver. This bottle has a convenient pump to dispense the product. I feel it's more sanitary and a bit cleaner with application and use. One pump will gives enough primer to cover the face.


Formula
The formula is silicon free. It is not thick and due to this consistency it absorbs quickly into the skin. It glides smooth on the skin and applies evenly.

Pros
No Silicones.
It didn't cause my skin any problem.
It is a light weight product so no heaviness after applying.

Cons
Costly.
This does nothing for my foundation in terms of longevity.
My foundation melted off from my oily skin when I use this during summer.
It quickly loses the pearl effect of the product when foundation is applied over it.
It gives the pearly finish only when it is applied with a brush or a sponge. When applied with fingers, the pearly finish tends to stick on the fingers.

Retail Price: $32 (for 1oz)

Will I repurchase?: No

Thanks for stopping by. Stay beautiful...

What is your favorite Primer girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.