Saturday, March 24, 2012

MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Lightscapade

Lightscapade was first released 5 years ago, back in 2006 in the Danse collection. It re-released in the MAC ‘Fall Color’ 2011 collection. This is a limited edition MSF. 



MAC MSFs are supposed to be multitasking products that can be used as bronzers, blushes and highlighters. 


MAC describes it as “soft candlelit beige with multidimensional shimmer”. With an almost yellow undertone, it has the most interesting blue, green and salmon colored veining running through it which gives it a very distinctive look. This MSF has right amount of shimmer for highlighting and none of the chunky glitter that other MSF's have. Due to it being such a gentle shade it should suit the majority of skin tones.

Lightscapade is definitely in a great highlighter. It is of pale-beige color with finely milled champagne shimmer which gives a light pearl effect.


I expected it to look a little like the Dior Amber Diamond highlighter, but this is much more subtle and less of a bronze tone. It gives a beautiful glow to the skin, without being too light. The shade is very similar to my MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl.


Formula
The texture is soft and the powder feels finely-milled. The shimmer particles are not too large, so it does not emphasize pores or skin imperfections.
How to use it?
This can be swept all over the eye lids for an easy look.
This can be used on the tops of cheekbones or all over the face with a MAC 188 brush for a very soft glowing look.
It can also be used to highlight nose bone, brow bone and tear duct.
This can be used above a cream color base to give more radiant glow.

Wear
Mineralize skinfinishes don’t wear all day. It fades somewhat after 5-6 hours.

Pros
It doesn’t emphasize the larger pores around my cheeks.
It is smooth and non-glittery as compared to other MSFs.
MSFs generally last somewhat long on my oily skin and they don't give me breakouts.

Cons
Costly

Retail  Price
 $28.50 (for 10g)

[I can never imagine an MSFs ever running out! Even if used on a daily basis they don’t seem to be going down at all!] 

What other MSFs do you have girls?

6 comments:

  1. if it's smooth and non-glittery..den its fr me :D
    Maybe you have time to read my New post :)
    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the shade but too pricey for me :)
    Thnks for following me <3...I am following you back :)

    http://bongsbelleza.blogspot.com/
    Love,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful. Yeah, it's pricey but it's worth the price.

      Delete
  3. I love it! can't wait to check it out ^^ i agree with all that you've said.. lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.