Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Winter Colors: Lipstick 2: MAC Dubonnet



Doo-bow-nay or DEW-bonnet?? Anyone?





It is Deep shade of red with some brownish tone. This shade can work well with many skin tones. On my pigmented lips it looks brick red. This is a great color to pair with a neutral eye look. It gives opaque color in just one swipe. It has a creamy finish. It is not exactly glossy but not matte either.





It’s hard for me to carry Ruby Woo but this one is a staple shade among my lipsticks.





How to wear it?

I press it on with my finger and dab it on my lips in the summer and spring for a red stain, and layer it up in the winter for a gorgeous red look.

As Cremesheen lipsticks can be a little drying, it is better to layer lips with a lipbalm(10-15 min) before applying lipstick and blotting it off.





Packaging:

Standard black MAC packaging. Sleek bullet shape.





Formula:

It goes on very creamy & doesn't feel dry on my lips. It is opaque in one swipe. It has an Amplified finish.

Scent:

Vanilla (same as other lip products from MAC)

Staying Power:

Lasts a good 4 hours on me (w/o eating-drinking) on its own.  It leaves a nice berry stain once it fades.

Pros:

Can be worn as a lip stain.
It is not drying on lips.
Do not feather around lips.
Fades with a stain soothe color remains on the lips.

Retail Price: $14

Will I repurchase: For sure


3 comments:

  1. As much as i like it. I don't think this shade would look good on me. Haha. I would love to see a swatch of the color.

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh whoops, i see the swatch! my computer just takes forever to load! :/

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.