Friday, December 23, 2011

MAC Fluidline Eyeliner Gel in Macroviolet

Today, I am sharing my views on MAC's Fluidline Macroviolet.
This fluidline almost look like a soft purple with a little aubergine. It has a bit of shimmering red pearl.

This looks great with my dark brown eyes so I use it often. Since black can be quite harsh on me, I particularly like this as an alternative to black as this color is more subtle. It compliments a range of eye shadows. This looks great when doing a cat eye, as well. I love the way this gel liner look on the bottom lash line.






I also own L'Oreal HiP Studio Secrets Color Rich Cream eyeliner in Eggplant and I swatched them next to one another and they are dupes. I prefer the Macroviolet because of its creaminess as the L'Oreal is pretty dry (may be because the formula is different as L'oreal one is a cream and MAC is gel). I don't find this dries out but again the L'Oreal one does over time.


How to wear it

This is a bit sheer so I go over the line a couple of times to deepen the color.

It can be worn on lower lash line (which makes the white of your eyes look more white).

This can be used over black liner/ blacktrack fluidline to give more dramatic look.





                           L'oreal HiP eggplant(L), MAC Fluidline Macroviolet(R)

From the Website


What it is

Ultra smooth, Fluidline’s gel formula provides the  precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colors and finishes. Brush sold separately.

Colors Available
Ash Violet
Blacktrack
Blitz & Glitz
Dipdown
Rich Ground
Waveline

Packaging
The packaging is also just superior - I love the glass jar and the way the lid screws on. The glass jar is very sturdy.


Pros  
The fluidline has a very creamy formula.
The staying power is superb.
It is very easy to apply (use an angled eyeliner brush, bent eyeliner brush by Sonia Kashuk or a cheap version from Coastal scents)
It is waterproof and doesn't budge/smear/run once it dries.
The formula doesn’t dry out in the pot.

Cons
It is a bit sheer.

Retail Price:  $15 (for 3 g/ 0.1 oz)

Will I Repurchase: This pot will end me a good 2 years, will see after that.

3 comments:

  1. I like this!
    I like the Drama gel eyeliner by Maybelline too.

    Love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gracie yes it is :)

    @Megha Sarin Drama gel eyeliner is also a good eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.