Monday, November 14, 2011

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner – Purple Tang


It's called a smudge stick, yet once it dries, it doesn't budge. It is the softest, creamiest pencil you will ever encounter, so you should use a light hand when applying. I find that with a little practice, I can get a super fine line with this.




This is the only pencil eyeliner that does not move, even on my waterline. I usually have good results using gel eyeliner, but this provides even more wear, and is more convenient to use, especially when on the go. This is dark enough to look like liquid liner. 





Color: The color is very dark blue-purple shimmer; it looks great as a thick liner or even smudged. It's truly waterproof and when it sets it does not move. You can't tell it's purple until you see it in the right light. 



I could use this everyday in place of black and brown liners because it makes my dark brown eyes pop and whites of my eye look whiter.  

From the Website:
What it is:
A color-rich, vibrant, easy-to-use liner with staying power.

What it does:
Obsessed with Smudge Pots? You'll go crazy for Smudge Sticks! This highly pigmented, waterproof eye liner glides on to deliver intense, vibrant color with staying power. Soft, smooth, and easy on the eyes, Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner creates a high metallic, sultry, inky intensity that lasts.

Pros:  
It is creamy & pigmented so a little goes a long way.
I love the fact that this is an automatic (retractable) liner so I don't have to use a sharpener.
It is waterproof and doesn't budge/smear/run.

Cons:
It is expensive considering how little product you get.
The shimmer can hurt or feels uncomfortable on the water line for those who have sensitive eyes or those who wear lenses.
The tip could break off if it is extended too far or pushed down too hard.

Packaging:
The packaging is like a twisty pen. It is a retractable liner.

Retail Price:  $20 (for 0.01 oz)

Will I Repurchase: For sure. I also want to try a few other colors.

5 comments:

  1. pretty shade! too bad pricey though, I find it too expensive just for an eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive heard of that brand, but sad to say its not available here. and yeah, its a little bit pricey but i think its still worth it =)

    im also having a giveaway on my blog right now, feel free to check it out =)

    http://whenthreeisacrowd.blogspot.com/2011/11/bh-cosmetics-88-color-tropical-matte.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Hollie - the price is the only thing that makes me hesitant to try it. (Even when I bought Urban Decay liners, I got the anniversary set, so each pencil was discounted.) Impressive that it lasts on your waterline, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey

    Love ur blog! glad i found it! :)

    i would love you to check out mine and my sisters new blog.....http://suraiyansiddiqa.blogspot.com/
    if you like plz follow ! :D

    thank you beaut!
    xoxo
    p.s liuv stilla!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great product! im trying it next time at Stila

    http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.