Friday, October 7, 2011

Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Precious

Precious”. When I saw this name I decided to purchase it immediately. I didn't even notice the color. Later on I convinced myself that even if the color won’t suit me, I will keep it as a collectible. I know I am crazy!
Rolling laughter

After seeing the color I sighed with relief and the guilt (of purchasing a makeup item without even thinking!) went off.








Precious is a slightly bright pinkish rose with subtle shimmer. It's a very natural color, although it's a little intense in bright light. It really brightens up my face and makes my teeth look whiter. 







According to the website: 
Bright, gorgeous color that can transform your day and your lips. Enriched with a silk moisturizing complex, our formula helps sustain moisture levels and helps create soft, smooth, beautiful lips in just 7 days.

*It has Transformative Silk Moisturizing Complex


Fragrance
It has a light vanilla-type smell, but it is tolerable.

Formula
Rich pigmentation. It goes on very smooth and creamy, and the color payoff is really great. I do love how this lipstick feels. It’s very smooth and not drying at all.

Packaging
LOVE the packaging. It is pretty sleek and has an appealing Gunmetal color. It looks classy and expensive.
You can find out the color of the lipstick from the bottom of the tube.

Application
This lipstick is between sheer and opaque. The color is buildable. It applies very light, and has an iridescent quality to it.

Wear Time
Pretty long lasting (wear time about 3-4 hours w/o eating-drinking).

Pros: 
- A real good quality drugstore product.
- Quite affordable.
- 44 shades to choose from.
- As this lip color stains it can be good thing; if you don’t have the time to   
  touch up. The stain will be there for longer hours.

Cons: 
- The sheen of the product really just makes the imperfections in my lips stick  
  out more.
- As the tube opens with somewhat more effort (and closes with a click), you  
  should really be careful while opening it. As I broke the tip of my lipstick 
  while opening it in a hurry.
- As it has a lot of moisturizing oils, it can melt in hot weather.

Will I Repurchase? Not this one but I would love to try few other colors.

Retail Price: $6.99

2 comments:

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.