Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Too Faced - Eye Shadow Insurance Policy Palette

I was searching for a good eye shadow palette which has a mix of neutrals and bright colors and then I came across this one and I loved it!!






I love that it has both neutrals and colors so I can mix and match. All of the shadows are of high quality. There are three neutrals and three bright, fun colors.




(L to R: FF, G, S, BT, SD, LC)

Shades

Full Frontal - Red-based brown shimmer.This shade is a rich warm brown,   
the texture is very nice. This is a nice color for the crease.

Glamazon - Neutral light taupe frost with flecks of silver glitter. The glitter doesn't really translate on the eye. The finish is gorgeous and this works well with any other shadow in the palette. Could also make a highlight if you're darker than an NC30.

Socialite - Rosy bronze frost with multi-glitter. The glitter doesn't really show on the eye for this shadow either but it's got a beautiful shine to it. It looks great with Glamazon and Skinny Dip.

Boy Toy - Light bubblegum pink frost, velvety smooth and delicate texture.

Skinny Dip - Indigo frost - takes a bit of packing to get a good payoff, but it's worth the work. This has a lot of red in it, resulting in almost a purple. Looks great with Lucky Charms and Socialite.

Lucky Charms - Super-vibrant emerald green frost. The payoff is amazing and the shade glows on the lid.

Full-Sized Shadow Insurance!

This palette is a great deal. For $35 you get a full-sized Too Faced Shadow Insurance ($17 value). The price for the 6 shadows that are .06 oz each or .36 oz total is $18. Too Faced regular eye shadows are .08 oz for $16 each.
Pros
The colors are beautiful and pigmented.
Staying power is good.
The palette comes with a full size shadow Insurance eye primer.
Cons

Glamazon has a little bit of fallout.

Will I repurchase: One is enough I guess!

Retail Price: $35

5 comments:

  1. I love my TFSI! The shadow shades are perfect for playing with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so need to try this out!

    @CottonCandyINK.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kimberly I too love Too Faced shadows. They are really of good quality :)

    @CottonCandyINK you should. Its a good palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so gorgeous, I want it :)
    PS: new follower :)

    Love Christine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this palette and I love your blog. I blog about makeup too, come check out my bloggy if u get a chance :))

    http://fixyourfacemakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.