Thursday, September 1, 2011

August Favorites


        August was a busy month. Summer Holidays ended, Schools started.  Now  everyone is waiting for winter; Halloween and Christmas  Holidays. Last month some products were my absolute favorites.

So here are my august favorites:

    Covergirl Lipstick in Heavenly
    RevlonLipgloss in Pink Afterglow
    Essie nailpaint in watermelon
    Milani Baked blush in Luminoso
    Wet n wild Mega glow illuminating Powder in Starlight Bronze
    Revlon ColorStay pressed  powder in Medium
    Too Faced eye shadow in Satin Sheets







     (L to R: Heavenly, Pink Afterglow, Luminoso)


            (Megaglow - Starlight Bronze)


Covergirl Lipstick in Heavenly: Heavenly is a warmer pink. Not coral or orange. It doesn't dry my lips, has decent pigment, wears off fairly evenly and doesn't taste like perfume. Heavenly is as warm a tone as I can wear with my olive skin tone.

RevlonLipgloss in Pink Afterglow: This is such a pretty sheer hot pink with sparkle. This gloss is a shimmery, peachy pink with a bit of coral, and lots of ultrafine glitter particles. This lipgloss always makes my lips look shiny, whether on bare lips or on top of lipstick. It's also surprisingly moisturizing, wears well on lips with a tendency to dry out.

Essie nailpaint in watermelon: The the color is bright and bold, perfect for summer hot red-pink shade.  It's pretty opaque with just one coat, and the consistency is smooth and creamy. Very easy to apply.

Milani Baked blush in Luminoso: I love the color and the way it looks on my cheeks. Luminoso is a muted coral with a slightly bronze undertone that contains little to no shimmer - in fact I’d consider it nearly matte. I generally like my blush to be more pink, but I've found that this looks beautiful on top of bronzer around the chin and temples of the forehead. 

Wet n wild Mega glow illuminating Powder in Starlight Bronze: The color is perfect on me. Not too dark and doesn't give that muddy look. It also isn't so shimmery that my face looks like a disco ball. In short, a good highlighter.

 Revlon ColorStay pressed  powder in Medium: Love this powder. I was using Maybelline Dream matte and wanted something that was still very matte (because I am super oily) but not chalky and lasted longer. This powder is amazing; I remain oil and shine free for hours after applying.

Too Faced eye shadow in Satin Sheets: I love this color. Satin Sheets is a golden champagne color. Perfect for summer.





What were your August Favorites ? 

5 comments:

  1. @Arianne Cruz Thanks :)

    @Dolly Daydream ya it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely swatches! i so want the heavenly and essie polish!
    my giveaway will end tonight.. if you haven't, please join.
    hehe good luck hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Diane thanks :) I have already joined..

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.