Saturday, August 20, 2011

Rimmel Stay Glossy Lipgloss

Rimmel London has improved much with its Moisturizing lipstick & now these new Lip glosses.

This is a range of gloss from Rimmel London that promises six hours of wear time.


There are 14 delightful shades to choose from clear to black (rare in a drugstore brand!). I usually hate most Rimmel glosses because they are either too sheer (Moisture Renew I am talking about you!) or pretty sticky (Vinyl gloss, which I loved but it was like glue!). The 6 hour claim is a bit much. It's pretty long-lasting but 6 hours is pushing it. I would say 2 hours maximum when worn alone and may be an hour longer if worn with lipstick.

The flat sponge tip applicator applies the lip gloss quite evenly. It glides on smoothly.



I have three shades:

Jewel in the crown: Rich pink with silver shimmer.
Captivate me: Mauvey shimmering Rose shade.
Stay my rose: Natural color with a hint of pink, but way too sheer for my pigmented lips.


                   (Left to right: Captivate me, Jewel in the crown, Stay my Rose)


Rimmel says "Style. Shape. Shine. Stay Glossy delivers on all three with a fantastic new formula and applicator combo, custom-designed for fabulously luscious lips that last, and last, and last. New Stay Glossy Lipgloss features advanced Shine Extend™ technology for up to six hours of fabulously polished perfection. Its lip-loving formula pampers lips with a caring complex of cotton and silk for increased lips moisturisation. The innovative Soft Extend™ applicator is designed for ultimate speed and accuracy, defining your dream lips in a flash."

Packaging
Adorable packaging with a sleek tube and fancy silver cap.
The sticker (with the name) rips off when you open the plastic cover.



Formula:
Light weight
Nicely pigmented
Color pay off is decent
Glossy with micro shimmer in it
Moisturizing

Scent: 
Same as pretty much all Rimmel lip products. Has a pleasant smell, sort of sweet but not over-powering.

Pros:   
Not sticky or tacky
Decent staying power (2 hours)
Very affordable

Cons: 
It doesn't last for 6hrs as it claims.

Retail price: $3.49 (for 5.5 ml/0.18 fl oz)

Girls who are on budget and who prefer a lighter formula will definitely like this product.

Will I repurchase: No. Though I wouldn’t say no to a sale or BOGO offer. I would love to try some other colors.


Blogaholic Designs”=

9 comments:

  1. Great posts and swatches! I would like to invite you to enter my latest giveaway PrettyinPigment Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving those colors!

    hope you follow
    @CottonCandyINK.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment that was so sweet! By the look of your blog, you are doing amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Fakhra yeah they are worth trying..

    @SahilyAnais MUA thanks..

    @CottonCandyINK yeah the colors are really good..

    @Nail Designs xox thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the glitters. looks so pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MissKatv yeah...these are really pretty.

    @KTisaQT They have a lot more color options..

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.