Monday, July 25, 2011

Much Hyped Products Part I

Are these worth the Hype??



1)Urban Decay Primer Potion: Original 

It is the Holy Grail eye primer of many makeup professionals.



Packaging
It comes in cutest packaging, looks like a genie bottle! And I love the purple color.

Pros:
It works amazingly at making eyeshadows more bright and long lasting and it lasts ages!
I have super oily lids and this product prevents my e/s from creasing and fading all day long.

Formula: 
The formula is great. It's not uncomfortably sticky & it doesn't discolor my lids.
        
Cons:
The original one comes with a doe foot applicator, which makes it really difficult to reach the bottom of the tube.(The professional UDPP comes in a squeezy tube, which is much better and hygienic)

Retail Price: $19 for 0.37 Oz

2)NARS Blushes: Orgasm/Super Orgasm/  Deep Throat

Such unusual Names!!

Orgasm blush has always been hyped by makeup junkies.
Orgasm is really pretty peachy pink color and gives me a kind of glow-from-within look. The shimmer does show up.


Super Orgasm is same as Orgasm + the chunky glitter


Deep Throat is an utterly gorgeous blush; a different peachy pink with a very faint shimmer to it which looks quite natural and soft.



Packaging
I personally love it and I think it looks cute. However the rubbery coating is pretty dirt-prone and if you are finicky about getting your stuff dirty this might get on your nerves.



Formula: 
Highly Pigmented (Pigmentation is so high that you have to apply this with a very light hand otherwise you will look like a clown!!)
Finely milled and of the highest quality.

Cons:
Very Expensive (But it is so Pigmented that it will last forever!!)
Orgasm & Super Orgasm will make your face look glittery if you use too much.

Retail Price: $27 (for 0.16 oz)

3)Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes: Dollface/ Tipsy

These stay on for 5-6 hours, even on oily skin like mine. It has amazing staying power, but come on, 12 hours is a little hyped.

Tipsy is a gorgeous peachy color blush. It's the perfect summer shade.


Dollface is a muted matte pink and seems designed for paler complexions or women who want a blush that gives them a bit of color while still playing it safe. It just gives me the pinky flush within.



Packaging
It is adorable. It's so sleek and cute.
It’s a little bit hard to open, but this means that it will be hard for it to open by itself, if you have it in your makeup bag/purse and the mirror is really helpful if you need to touch up your make up.



Formula
Highly Pigmented. (A little goes a long way!)
Applies smoothly.

Cons:
Very Expensive
Dollface might not show up on deeper skin tones, and could look powdery if too much is applied.

Retail Price: $25 (for 0.20 oz)

12 comments:

  1. Seriously, NARS has the most sensual names! lol but the tarte and urban decay products def have pretty packaging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :))

    I love your review, I like you love the NARS packaging, but again i do find it can get grubby.

    I did a little comparison between Primer potion and Paint pots. If you would like to see please check out the link below.

    http://mariasparkle.blogspot.com/2011/07/urban-decay-primer-potion-and-mac.html

    Have a fab day

    Mariaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Arianne Cruz yeah :)

    @Maria Sparkle thanks..I will read for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the low down on these popular products. I have wanted to get them all but only have the UD Primer. I do have a couple of NARS knock-off blushes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!

    Hey, you got a new follower :) And I invite yo to join my giveaway challenge for a chance to win a Hold Me Bag Cosmetic & Brush Organizer. Yo can see the video by clicking the win this image on my side bar. Good luck! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the information! I like your blog, I have just discovered it and I follow you. Kisses,
    Mónica

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kimberly Thanks...

    @Venus In Virgo Thanks for following :) Sure I will join..

    @Mónica - Mes Voyages à Paris Welcome :) Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Nars Orgasm and it's just not for me... I wish I never got sucked into the hype...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi thanks for the reviews!!! wish I could get nars blushes someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your reviews! (: I was always interested n the tarte amazonian blushes but they are so expensive ): One day I will try them~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey guys!
    Go to see what’s in my blog! A Miss Taylor giveaway from Sigma is waiting for you! One of the last chances to get this brush free after the change in the affiliate program!
    Run, run!
    http://esthermorethanmakeup.blogspot.com/
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Lucy NARS Orgasm looks really pretty on some skin tones.. but for me its too shimmery

    @Diana Welcome :)

    @mimi Welcome :) you shud try them. They are costly but really worth the cost.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.